Monday 3 March 2008

Random Blog no 1

I seem in the past few weeks to have had lots of things I would like to blog about but no time to do so in. Nothing new then!! So I am going to start now!! Yes indeedy even though I should be planning the service for Sunday evening at Church (I may get a few more done over the next few hours!!)

A few weeks ago now I went to the funeral of a wife of a friend of Stephen's because he couldn't get the time off work and I could. It was the most moving thanksgiving service I have ever been to. St Thomas' in Lancaster was packed out with family, friends, congregation of two Churches and loads of other people. The address was moving and the worship unbelieveably heartfelt, it felt like a glimpse of heaven.

I came away emotionally drained not because I knew the person very well but because of all the emotions that were happening. It was also difficult to see so many dear friends from our time at Lancaster Baptist Church who were all so pleased to see me except for the circumstances. I came away moved but knowing I had seen God at work.

No comments: