Monday 3 March 2008

randmo blog no 2

On Saturday my dad was 60. Stephen and I have had a couple of years now of parents having milestone birthdays, buying special presents and attending nice birthday parties!! This one I was worrried about though, I have never been close to my dad and things have been tricky, so when my step mum invited us to a surprise party for him I knew we had to go but I didn't really want to.

However I am pleased to say we had a fantastic time, the party was excellent, food delicious, wine very good according to Stephen and my dad was really pleased we were there. Everyone made us feel so welcome.

One of my step brothers gave a really moving speech about my dad which made me realise a) he is a very special man, b) I don't know him very well and c) I want to change that. Now I just need to find the grace and the courage to act on that decision.

No comments: