Friday 18 January 2008

The return of the dinner hour?

Ever since we went back to school and I started my promotion and since my good friend and lunch eating companion Laura left I have struggled to remember to leave my classroom and walk to the staff room, sit down, eat my lunch, relax and be sociable. Which is sad because I enoy it, my school is a very sociable place and there are always lots of people to talk to and have a laugh with.

Last weekend I thought to myself, this week I will have lunch every day in the staff room....

But things got worse as OFSTED rang at 9am on Monday morning and announced they were coming to inspect on Thursday and Friday - which we have survived, but needless to say lunchtimes disappeared as did tea times and any other time really as I had so much to sort out and get ready. I have spent a stupid amount of time at school this week and an even more stupid amount of time thinking about school and making endless lists of thinsg to do but now it's over.

And I resolve that next week I will leave my classroom for at least 30minutes every day to eat my lunch without getting indigestion!! (Please hold me to it!!!)

2 comments:

Emma said...

Get yourself a dinner hour young lady! My tummy tells me it is time to go to the staff room, and wet play times tell me it is time to leave the classroom!!

Steve Tilley said...

This is just a thought right but wouldn't ofsteds be several times more useful if people didn't paint the school just before the inspectors arrived? Why don't they get to report on things as they really are rather than things prepared to ofsted standard.