Wednesday 2 January 2008

Home Sweet Home

Hooray! We're home!! After two weeks of sleeping on a bed settee then an airbed I am very pleased to be home!!! The washing machine is whirring and the suitcase is unpacked.

We spent a very quiet Christmas with Stephen's mum and dad in Bangor which was lovely because someone else did all the cooking, although I did perhaps watch too much rubbish television.


Then we came home briefly (spent time in 3 countries in 24 hours) and then headed off to Edinburgh for Hogmanay.

We stayed with some friends in Dunfermline and travelled in for the evenings and I have to be honest and I know its uncool to say it but I much preferred the torchlight procession and the burning of the viking longboat and the street ceilidh to the new years eve event.








I had never heard of the band who were playing because I am so uncool and then I watched some fireworks but you couldn't see them because the smoke got in the way!! Oh well it was a good trip away, ate lots of lovely food perhaps too much and spent time with friends, made new friends and laughed a lot.

Back to work tomorrow - hmm....

No comments: