Thursday 5 March 2009

Greetings Cards

Being of a slightly creative persuasion I sometimes make my own cards but rather too often lately there's no time so Ijust buy them. Now this would be fine except for the fact that all the cards in shops just don't appeal to me or say what I want to say.

Take for example my dad's birthday, now I don't really have a close relationship with my dad we've not lived in the same house since I was five, we don't live anywhere near each other, we may see each other twice a year at most but still as his daughter I feel it's important to send a birthday card and one that says dad. Admittedly I was late in remembering to buy a card this year but even so I went to three shops and all the cards that said dad on were all soppy and gushy about how dad's are amazing and helpful and lend you money and do things for you or drink beer - now my dad does none of those things, he likes red wine and he likes his garden but why can you not find a card that simply says 'happy birthday with love'

Is it too much to ask?!

1 comment:

Mike Peatman said...

You're in my sidebar now.